Friday, May 1, 2009

Tuesday April 28
After a 30 minute slog this morning, I decided in my jet-lagged wisdom to tackle JK's track session tonight. I did my 20 minute warm up, feeling not too bad (better than the morning) and figured I'd start the session and see how I went, fully expecting to withdraw part the way through. It was a tough, long session - 400m with 60 second recovery, 600m with jog back and 90 second recovery, 800m with 2 min recovery, 1km with jog back and 2 min recovery, then back down again -- 800, 600, 400. Surprisingly, I felt pretty good throughout. I decided not to push it too hard, so did it at 75% effort rather but managed a decent pace. Afterwards, I was supposed to do a 20 minute cooldown but since it was pitch black out there and I would be running that sort of time alone, I instead did a short cool down and some stretching. I know the 20 minute cool down is an important part of the programme, but so is not getting mugged, so I'll just have to compromise. I figure 30 minute run in the morning and a good warm up before the sessionn helps to offset my tardiness in the evening (I hope).

No comments:

Post a Comment