Thursday, May 14, 2009

It's official - I don't like the track. Running around in a circle with a bunch of young adolescent boys kicking a soccer ball at me everytime I pass by isn't really my idea of fun, but I managed 11 laps. They weren't 400m - more like 420-450 - so my timing was all out and I was struggling for breath too quickly. Next time I'll have to head to a track that's properly marked. Len Shearer obviously stops marking the track when the summer ends so it's close to impossible to work out 400m. Still, I did better than last time, so that's good, and in pretty stressful conditions (dodging balls and abusive groups of boys). I did a 4km warm up, running from home to the track, and a 20 minute cool down -- all in all around 12km, which is good for the log book. It means this week I've managed 35.5km. I'll do a slow 5-7km tomorrow, plus the 34km on Saturday before taking a rest day on Sunday, so that should get me to around 75km for the week. My aim is to peak at around 80-90km at the height of the training, which might mean adding a double here and there, perhaps on a Thursday or Saturday. In fact, if I'm not absolutely shattered, I might even try a 3km on Saturday evening, though I'll make no promises :)

No comments:

Post a Comment