Friday, May 22, 2009

Monday 18 May
I've been a bit slack with the blog this week (not the running, so that's good) so I'll be playing catch up now. Monday I went out for a lovely KP run with Damien, Jo, Di and Kim. When I say I ran with them, I mean I started out with them and Damien kindly kept me company while the other speedsters ran on ahead. It was a beautiful morning - probably the last really good weather in a while. I had my trusty light so the path ahead was well lit, at least for Damien and I. It's been a while since I've done this run, what with being away and various other impediments, and I have missed it. It's an 8.5km loop that takes in the Law Walk and the long climb from Poole Avenue up to Stickbeaks - just glorious. I averaged 5.47 pace which is okay for a hilly run and doing it conversationally. Damien is great company so I often forget I'm feeling tired and just enjoy the conversastion, but that's what's so fabulous about running with friends

No comments:

Post a Comment