Friday, May 22, 2009

Thursday May 21
Tempo run today and can't say I was that enthusiastic. The weather predictions were for storms and heavy winds. However, turns out the weather people were a bit off the mark; yes, it was windy, but not as bad as predicted early in the morning and it was a balmy 17C. Trish, Viv, Damien and I set out at 5.30am. The warm up was lovely, if a little windy (again, weather predictions were somewhat off as we were getting an easterly - not the westerly we were told would be happening). Then we began our tempo and almost immediately hit a snag - flooding across the underpass of the Causeway. There was absolutely no way to avoid it, so we were forced in and got our feet wet. I knew I'd pay later - blistering being a big problem for me - but what can you do. I found the tempo a real struggle today - pace and energy just weren't there. I think it's an accumulation of the miles and some hard running. I managed 40 minutes, a bit disappointing but I focused on getting to at least that point. We had a good long cooldown afterwards, which was great. Trish was really tired after her incredible effort at Bunbury on Sunday. No such excuses from me, just general tiredness. I was glad to be done and now a little apprehensive about my half the following weekend. Oh well, I'll just have to do my best ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment