Friday, May 29, 2009

I'd decided an early morning run was just not a good idea - I really needed sleep, and thankfully got a good one on Tuesday night. Instead, Trish, Jo and I ran at about midday from King's Park. My heart rate was scary high for the first few KM and I didn't feel fabulous. The wind along Mounts Bay Road didn't help, but I managed to push on. When we returned up the freeway and to Malcolm Street, I feared that hill would finish me off. Half way up Malcolm, and with my heart racing again, I decided I needed a walk. But once we'd crested the hill and had a quick water stop I started to feel a lot better, and the last 3-4km of the run was fantastic. Hmmm, at least things improve rather than deteriorate. I'm having an Echo today, but not sure it will tell me much. The pace of the run was good, though, averaging 5.38 pace so if the body sorts itself out I think that should be a comfortable pace for the marathon

No comments:

Post a Comment