Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Wednesday May 6
On weary legs, I dragged myself out the door for a recovery run. I'd set myself a little longer to make up for last night's curtailed cool down and ended up doing just shy of 50 minutes. I also had my heart rate monitor for the first time - Garmin makes them in a one-size-fits-all (right, we're all the same size!) and even on it's smallest level it swam on me. My lovely friend Viv came to the rescue and took it in for me (yes, it's true, I can't sew) and today I put it to the test. The fit is perfect - Thanks Viv! - though the battery wasn't behaving so there was no reading. No matter, that seems fixed now so tomorrow I'll be able to see what the old ticker is doing. Today's run wasn't as bad as I had imagined. The first couple of KMs were a bit of a drag and by the last KM I was pretty tired, but otherwise the session felt okay. I managed to maintain 5.40 min KM pace without really pushing it, so that's good news the day after a tough session. Later in the morning, I headed off to J for a little elbow pressure and needle work in the tight ITBs - yikes, but really worth it. I might feel it a bit on tomorrow's tempo, but it was so needed

No comments:

Post a Comment