Sunday, May 10, 2009

May 10
I had good intentions this morning of doing the Mother's Day Classic (7km) at a gentle jog, but found after about a KM I was picking up the pace, just a bit at a time, but steadily. The legs weren't going to do much but the lungs felt good so I allowed my legs to dictate the pace and finished in 37.50, around 5.24 pace - hardly earth shattering but certainly a lot faster than I had planned. It was a fun little event. Viv picked me up and we parked a little away, which was great as we didn't have to negotiate cars and people to get out. Since many non-runners or non-regular racers turn up, it's a hard one to really get a good run on with people straddled across the path. But it's a lovely spot and for a great cause. With plenty of good friends out there to make the morning, it was very worth dragging myself out of bed for.

No comments:

Post a Comment