Sunday, June 7, 2009

Wednesday I headed down to the club in the evening for a 14 or 15km. I wasn't overly tempted as it had been raining off and on all afternoon and the trees were blowing around quite a bit, but who knows what kind of day marathon day will be. I ran with Jo and Mary-Anne. Jo was happy to go slow (her slow is a good pace for me) and so we set off at a gentle pace. The Perth side was pretty windy, but not as bad as I'd imagined and I was keeping up okay with Jo and Mary-Anne until we were a couple of KMs along on the South Perth side, by then I was starting to tire and Mary-Anne and Jo had picked up the pace a bit. It was enough just to keep doing the same pace so I watched as they become smaller dots and decided not to try to keep up. I was tired when I finished, but otherwise okay and glad to have the longer mid-week run out the way. We briefly lost Mary-Anne, who went off to find a toilet, but all was well in the end. Losing a running partner would not be good

No comments:

Post a Comment