Monday, June 22, 2009

Two-weeks and counting. Today was a bit of a dress-rehearsal for the big day. We wore the outfits we'll be wearing on marathon day and definitely all looked the part - Trish, Kate, Viv, Rod and me all turning up in our Simon Says Sub 4 shirts (Mary-Anne will make our group 6 on the day). The run went okay - had a few struggles during the tempo phases with tight calf muscles (looks like because of my back problems), but managed okay and after a stretch I was able to keep a comfortable pace all the way back. Trish and Kate came home in a handy 1.56.50 odd and Viv was just a bit behind (after a pit stop) in 1.57 something, then came Rod and I ambled in at 2.02. My biggest concern now is how sore my back is after the run. Monday I decided not to run or even go for a swim as it really has been hurting a lot. A physio visit was really necessary and hopefully will see it settle tomorrow. I'm concerned as it seemed to be getting a lot better last week and now seems to have regressed a bit - I guess it didn't like the concrete pounding during the half. Now I just have to hope it heals before the 5th!

2 comments:

  1. What a cool idea..love the "simon says sub 4" concept...hahaha...Saw Kate and Trish out there...
    2.00.35 for me, and I hate the concrete too. really enjoyed reading your report on Boston, and Kates on Six foot in the newsletter. All the best in the Perth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sports chiropractor might be worth a visit too...
    http://www.wascc.org.au/find-a-sports-chiropractor.html

    ReplyDelete