Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I decided on Sunday not to run and instead went to support Sugar at Lake Monger. Foolishly, I wore the wrong shoes for standing around in wet grass (who knew the grass would be wet and that would be the only place to stand) and the blister I developed on Saturday turned quite nasty. I hobbled through most of the day but woke up Monday a little less sore and decided to go ahead with the run. I met Jo and Damien at King's Park at 6.15am - one of my favourite runs of the week. I could feel the blister the whole way, though not too painful, but it did distract from an otherwise lovely run. I tried to focus on coversation rather. Still, not sure if this was the best idea. The rest of Monday the blister was really sore - all red and just in that spot of the foot where it's difficult not to put weight on it. I joined Trish at Next Generation at lunchtime for a fantastic steam room and pool session, which was really relaxing, and then put my feet up (while working, mind you) for the rest of the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment