Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Sunday night I did something I haven't done in 6 weeks - I had a glass of wine. It was lovely! I didn't plan on running the next morning, but Jo had decided to do a 4km recovery and Claire and I persuaded one another to join her. It was a slow jog out and on the way back Jo and Claire picked up the pace; I started to for a minute then remembered, this is a recovery run, so I enjoyed a gentle, solitary 2km back to the chalet. Sugar had headed out earlier for his tempo and about 1km from home I could see a dot behind me. He caught me 800m later (he is fast) and we jogged back the last 100m together (probably the only run we'll do together all year!). I felt good and pain free, but better yet Sugar had a great run - no pain, heart rate down and back close to his fabulous pace. Couldn't be a better running weekend and social break. I'll be back at Elleker next year for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment