Monday, June 29, 2009

I've been a bit slack with my posting so I have some catching up to do. Last Monday I decided to do nothing after the half. I had considered the pool, but ended up not going. Tuesday, a group of us met for our 5.30am Mona's session. I found the pace running hard on my back and felt quite sore afterwards - it's a worry this close to the marathon. On Wednesday, I decided instead to go to the gym. I hopped on the bike for 30 minutes, then did 3km on the treadmill - it's interminable!
Thursday we did the track and I really wasn't in shape for that. By lap 3 I was already struggling and it took all my willpower to keep going. It was probably the one time I should have withdrawn, but I was worried about how that would make me feel ahead of the marathon. I pulled up really sore after track - my physio says because it involves going left the whole time, it requires your right side to do most of the work as that's where you're leading from, and as it's my right side that's the problem that really exaccerbated things.
Saturday I did 40 minutes and it was really painful. The rest of the day I was in agony, I couldn't sit in the car so had to cancel a visit to see my Mum. I decided to take an anti-inflam and some panadol. I think it helped a bit, because I was less sore by the evening (some good stretching helped too).
I was really nervous about Sunday's run - 15km! I took anti-inflams, got Sugar to strap my back and wore compression tights. It all helped quite a bit. Aside from when I ran across the Windan bridge (solid concrete), I wasn't in much pain, though when I hit the concrete in Ascot, my right quad began to tighten and I started running as though with a limp. I really hope this is sorted by marathon day, or it will be a long, long day!

No comments:

Post a Comment