Sunday, June 7, 2009

Less than 12 hours later and I was back at Mends Street for a 9.5km. Despite the 14km the night before I felt okay, though the legs were not going to do anything fast. We set off at 6am - I only just made it as the Thursday girls were just about to head off. They did a pretty good pace the first 3km but after a quick drink Gina and I pressed on, still at a gentle but steady pace. As we got to the Causeway we heard a voice - Viv had done a tempo to catch up. Gina then took off - she had a lot more energy in her legs than we did - and Viv and I enjoyed a gentle run to the belltower, where we waited a couple of minutes for the others and then took off with Irene and Delia, before parting ways with Delia at the Narrows. I was pleased how decent I felt - certainly wouldn't have been able to do any pace, but given the half marathon on Sunday and the 14km the night before I really managed this one fine

No comments:

Post a Comment