Thursday, June 18, 2009

There was no way on earth I could have managed a tempo today - just no juice in the tank. I set out with Viv, Kate, Trish and Damien. Trish was really good and did her tempo, with Damien pushing her along. Kate, Trish and I decided on a more lesiurely pace to save ourselves for Sunday, when we plan to throw in a little tempo. We had planned on marathon pace, but even that was hard. Talk about fatigue! Sadly, I now have visions of the day after marathon and no more running for a week or two - and I still have that 42.195km to get through! Still, the highlight of the day was the arrival of the shirts that we'll wear on marathon day. Kate did such a great job organizing all that. It will be a surprise for all when we roll them out, probably on Sunday for the half (you have to test drive the shirts before the big day!)
I also got to see Simon (Biscuitman) out there today. My apologies Simon if I blinded you when I turned to say hello! I forget how bright my head lights are. They're fantastic when we're running in dark spots, but they tend to create confusion for runners, walkers and cyclists (the last is just for fun, of course)!

No comments:

Post a Comment