Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Wednesday April 8
Today really marks the beginning of Perth marathon training as this is the first long run post the training to improve my speed. After a disatrous Bridges, I was a bit nervous about today's 26km, but it turned out to be a fabulous run. Trish, Jane and I started out from the club at 5pm on a hot autumn evening. The first 2 or 3km were pretty hard going but I soon warmed up and began to feel really good. After about 4km we met up with Kate and we continued our run through the city and towards King's Park. It was turning into a glorious evening without any wind and with the warmth of the day settling into pleasant running conditions. At KP, Trish and I briefly lost Kate and Jane but we reunited along Mounts Bay Road and ran together to the Causeway. There, Trish and I parted ways with Kate and Jane who were doing a shorter 20km (in preparation for a 47km on Saturday!). We headed left on the Causeway and through East Perth, then over the Windham back to the club. It was only in the last few KM that I began to feel really fatigued, which is a big relief and should make the next step up quite manageable.

No comments:

Post a Comment