Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thursday April 16
Today was recovery run time - just 40 minutes, which was a shame as it's a beautiful sunny, cold morning; perfect running conditions. It felt really easy so it seems the cold works for me when I run (not when I don't run, so no plans to leave sunny Perth ever). I emailed another running group out here that runs the trails just outside Philly and got a lovely response from one of the runners - really considerate and thoughtful. He gave me great advice on what parts of the park are totally safe and where it would be best not to run alone, even his phone number in case I need more help. There's a bit of a recurring theme here - but aren't runners great :) It seems the main path is pretty busy in the morning with runners and even fishermen at this time of year and I'm so looking forward to getting back on the trails. How exciting to be running on a trail I've never run before. It goes along a creek all the way. I'll get around 14km on trails and the other 14 will be along the path I've been running each morning from my hotel. I think those of us who run are so lucky - our sport can be transported anywhere in the world with minimal equipment. On another runner's note, I'd like to wish good luck to everyone who has flown out to the U.S. to run Boston Marathon. The forecast looks good - I'd be envious if I'd done the training!

No comments:

Post a Comment