Monday, April 20, 2009

Sunday April 19
Today was my first run with other people since leaving home. I got to run with my colleague and now friend, Robin, and another long-time friend Tom. We did a lovely little 11km tour of the Boston waters on a cool spring day. It's a lot of fun running somewhere new and seeing the sights, though I'm glad I normally run somewhere less congested. The path around the river was fine, but once we got into town it was near impossible to run along the street. Still, it was very pretty and really gives you a feel for the city. We finished at the ubiquitous Starbucks for a much needed hot drink. Sugar and Sas, Tom's wife Carolyn and Robin's partner Mike met us there and we squeezed around a tiny table. Sugar and Sas kept up their carbo loading for their little trot tomorrow, while Robin and I endulged in a lara bar (the best energy bars I've ever found - gluten free and full of yummy goodness; I wish we could get them in Australia).
Tomorrow, I'll run sometime in the afternoon - there's a matter of a small run going on in Boston today that Sugar, Sas, Biscuitman and Terrific are taking part in - I think it's called the Boston marathon. No big deal I'm sure - just a couple more people than our home races.

No comments:

Post a Comment