Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Wednesday April 22
After a leisurely start and breakfast at the apartment, a very sore Sugar and Sassy caught the train into Boston with me. I left them at the common with my warm clothes and a promise to join them at Starbucks in a bit over an hour, and headed off around the river for an 11km run. The legs felt a bit stiff at first but warmed up and I kept a pace of around 5.40 without pushing it, so that seems to be my easy pace these days if the legs are cooperating. It was the same run I'd done on Sunday with friends, but this one was solo. Lots of runners were out on the course and plenty were happy to say "hi" or at least smile, which was nice. I saw a number of marathoners (you can tell from the finishers jackets) out walking and some lovely marathoner yelled out to me, "you're going well". I felt a bit humbled. The last couple of KMs were slowed by road crossings, bridge crossing, steps and for the last KM running along a footpath past shoppers, but it's a nice way to finish - especially with tea and warm clothes waiting at the end of the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment