Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tuesday April 14
Today was recovery run day and since it was cold and pouring with rain outside, I wimped out and opted for the treadmill. I need to remind myself that cold and wet is better than treadmill. A mindless 40 minutes later and my work there was done. Running related stuff got better when I discovered that Philadelphia Runners is one block from where we're staying, so I braved the weather and headed for shopping pleasure. Three pairs of running shoes (including my first pair of racing flats - yay!) and two pairs of socks later and I made an American store very happy - just doing my bit for the global economy. The guy at the store was great - a fantastic runner (as in 2.20 marathoner!) and really helpful with advise on local runs. He even drew me a map of how to get to trail running just 10km from here, which I plan to do on Friday (when the sun will be shining and it will be a balmy 15-20C!). And since my wild spending obviously impressed him, he even threw in a free Gu (one of the new roctane ones - can't wait to try it out) Didn't I say runners are fantastic people?

No comments:

Post a Comment