Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sunday April 12
Today is cold and windy, but clear and dry so I headed out for my run a little before 8am. It's a short 1km from our hotel to the steps that take you to the river and the long path all the way up to (and through) Fairmount Park. What a beautiful run and a lovely way to see Philadelphia. I began with a detour to the famous Rocky steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Art to meet up with a runner who posted on Philly runners that he would be happy to run with me (even though we've never met before and he doesn't know me from Adam - aren't runners nice!) Turns out the poor man has a bad cold but he turned up anyway to meet me and advise me on runs. From my point of view, it worked out too as I really wasn't up for a long run today. I ran along the river for 4-5km, then turned back and headed for the hotel. It felt great out there and I was running fairly effortlessly despite the wind. For a girl who loves summer, it seems the cold really suits my running so I guess winter has its upside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment