Monday, August 3, 2009

Rather than do one long, long catch up saga, I felt it best to break into bite size pieces, so onto Wednesday 28th and Thursday 29th. Wednesday was a morning recovery run on my own. Felt fine but was glad to finish. Despite starting later it was still incredibly cold. Thursday morning I met Shannon, Kate and Wendy and co. for the 6am run. Did a lovely gentle trot, which was so enjoyable and social. I didn't want to push it as the evening I planned on doing track. Of course, this is days later so Thursday has passed and we're onto the evening for the track session. I was unsure how I would cope given track has been a problem for me and the marathon was just over 3 weeks ago, but I was very happy with the outcome. I stuck with the 3km, not wanting to overdo it at this stage. I managed to keep it more or less on 5min KM. At the last lap I was 13.02, so pushed it a bit harder and finished in 14.57. I'm so pleased with that and hopeful I can start to build on it

No comments:

Post a Comment