Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I do seem to enjoy playing catch up with this blog - must have too much life to keep it up :)
Anyway, Saturday we did the Park Road loop again. I must say, I felt a lot more tired this week - probably down to the tough Thursday session on top of going back to intervals on the Tuesday. Park Road nearly finished me off and even the climb from Midland to Pechey Road was a tough one. But I got through it okay. I felt pretty tired the rest of the day, which meant my body was crying out for a rest, but tough luck!
Sunday, as I had promised, I turned up for the Women's Classic. Turns out it wasn't necessary as none of the people I was supposed to run with were there, but I felt I might as well head out since the weather had turned out glorious. No chance of racing today, but I pushed a little harder than I planned and finished in around 55 minutes - nothing earth-shattering but a decent tempo given my long break from tempo runs (track aside). The rest of Sunday was taken up with a fabulous afternoon/evening at Trish's, including massage and BBQ - makes the pain well worth it :)
Monday I took my much needed break and enjoyed a session at the steam room, and then this morning (Tuesday) I met Kate for our Mona's session. I felt pretty good on this today, so the day off did some good. We kept all our intervals faster than 5 min KM - not earth-shattering, but good and steady, and we did it all without any stops, which is even better. I had hoped to head to the gym for a pilates later, but work was a bit busy so it will have to keep for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment