Monday, July 13, 2009

A new dawning

Perth is now done and I need to put that one behind me (and probably avoid boisterous, fast dogs) and get on with the next one. All being equal, I've set myself Rotto as my next goal. It's hard at this stage to know for sure what time to aim for, but conservatively speaking I really think it makes sense to aim for a sub 4.15. If the training goes brilliantly and all feels right to bump it up a bit, I'll do so, but baby steps to start ...
I began with my first run yesterday, a very, very slow and gentle 5km. I bumped into Tim early in the run and had a lovely run with him, completely taking my mind off the fact that this was the first run back. I felt pretty good, though was glad to keep it short. The TAs are quite sore today, but they do seem to warm up as the day progresses. Today, I'll meet Trish for a gentle 6km or so in the park so I'll get more of a feel for how the TA is holding up. Then a couple of days off and another run on Thursday. For once I want to be really sensible about the return; plenty of time to start ramping things up a bit more from next week

No comments:

Post a Comment